Grafisk designer • Foto

I begynnelsen var ordet.... og det vil det sikkert være i fortsettelsen også

søndag 17. oktober 2010

Tekster 1

• Æ vet når æ har skoan på
• Fields of Hope
• Daddy dear
• When there was time
• Things you never tell
• I´ll be there
• Madness

• Rickies place
• Payday
• A horse named Bob


Æ vet når æ ha skoa på

Æ vet når æ har skoan på
Æ vet korr hen de trøkke på
og ka dem sei´æ må
Æ vet korr livet bringe mæ
hvis valgan´ blir for små
Æ vet korr hen æ ikke vil
æ vet korr æ bør gå


Æ har sett dem
Æ har visst
Æ har gått forbi
og læst som æ va trist
Æ ha stått på hjørnet
og sett livet mitt passer´
Æ har stått ”på stedet hvil”
og æ vil der ikke mer


Æ har aldri gått fra vettet
Æ har aldri gått meg lei
Men æ har kjørt mæ fast, og sett det
og så funne´n annen vei
Æ har ropa inn i natta
når dagslyset har ramla ner..
Æ forventa aldri svar å få
men æ vesst´a dem va der..

Korr e du nå?
Korr gjekk du henn?
Ble det mørkt kring alle håpan´dine
Dem du bar på …
Ble æ alt førr tung?
Æ har vessta det læng
Dem ha´sagt det så mange førr dæ
Æ førsmår det som æ treng


Johnny Winterthun/ aug 2010




Fields of hope


Tell me if you know
is there love above?
would it sprinkle at the break of dawn
gently fall like silent snow?

..and anywhere I go, and whatever I would dread
past the lonely fields the future must cope
for as long as I can breathe, and whatever lies ahead
I will always search for hope

Tekst Johnny Winterthun
Musikk: Tron Syversen




Daddy dear

Daddy, I wish you were here  
it is dark and nighttime is falling  
Daddy, I’m six and I shouldn’t fear
but you see, there’s a man in the corner
and somehow he shouldn’t be there

            Say that I’m your daughter and take me to your quarters where angles are
            oh daddy dear, can’t you take me there
            High on the sky I’ve seen that there’s a friendly and shining star
            And if that star is you
            (then) I would like to be there too
            I can see it clear, it can’t be that far

Daddy, today on the bus
came this girl who lived in this house next to us    
Daddy, you know she would be my friend
and she asks for you
and I say you’ll be home soon
as sometimes I try to pretend

            Say that I’m your daughter and take me to your quarters where angles are
            oh daddy dear, can’t you see I’m here
            High on the sky I’ve seen that there’s a friendly and shining star
            And if that star is you
            (then) I would like to be there too
            I can see it clear, it can’t be that far

                        Bridge:
                        But now it’s night and I’m all alone
                        the hours of the day are through
                        left in my bedroom with hidden men 
                        I am looking for you

            Say that I’m your daughter and take me to your quarters where angles are
            oh daddy dear, can’t you see I’m here
            High on the sky I’ve seen that there’s a friendly and shining star
            And if that star is you
            (then) I would like to be there too
            I can see it clear, it can’t be that far


Tekst: Johnny Winterthun
Musikk: Per Christian Halvorsen







When there was time

Well, there’s a boy
and there’s that girl I knew
There was this wooden house
and that old driveway too
there was this room we played in
where light was always on
there was a boy and girl I knew
but now they’re gone

There was this tree
so thick and tall
I carved his name there
and her name too
I thought it’d stay forever
that time had never won
but then the town grew bigger
and once the tree was gone

There was this yard
and there were kids to play
I still can hear their voices
and things they’d say
but kids grew old
as life went on
I still recall their faces
but now they’re gone

Well, there’s a boy
and there’s that girl I knew
I’ve got their photos on the wall
and of their parents too
and there’s that little girl now
just passed the age of three
and as I face my daughter
that photo looks at me

            Wooden hills and mountains high
            the dust that cross the land
            winds from east to meat the dessert
            sowed by fatherhand
            you and me, and more to come
            those many things we share
            rock your little in the cradle
            the image will be there   

            Fill the land,
            fill the shore
            fill my dreams
            and thus of many more



 Tekst: Johnny Winterthun














Things you never tell

I don’t really know why you want me
and I don’t really think that you do  (do you?)
and I don’t really see why you picked me
among all of those girls that you knew
            but when the evening comes and you are sleeping
            I lay there quietly and watch your lips
            I say those words that they will never tell me
            and softly wets them with my fingertips

You seldom tell me things or what you’re doing
short stuffs from work or new friends that you’ve found
you never tell me more you really love me
why work gets late or if you play around
            but when the evening comes and you are sleeping
            and I am huddling closely to your chest
            I hope I’m somewhere in those dreams you’re chasing
            and that in time your mind will come to rest

You never call me daytime when you’re working
for no excuses but to hear my voice
or  wake me up to kiss me when you’re leaving
or come home early just for my rejoice
            but when the day has closed and you are sleeping
            and silent breath is all I hear at night
            I’m stucked with thoughts of what will come tomorrow
            of what my life has been and what it might

You never buy me things to tell you love me
or take me evenings out, just me and you
where your affection and your full attention
would make it clear for everybody that you do
            but when the evening comes and hopes are broken
            when all undone is past, and there is no return
            I watch the man I love and starts to wonder
            will there be time enough before you learn           

I don’t really know whether you want me
and very soon I hope at least you do
there’s so many things that I would like tell you
if I only felt you’d want me to
            those many feelings bundled up inside me
            all love and tension that I long to share
            all fragile thoughts I’m having now at night time
            when all I’m waiting for is for you to be there

Tekst: Johnny Winterthun



I’ll be there

When winter comes, and all feels cold
then I’ll be there
I’ll be the flame to keep you warm
I’ll hold you near                                                
and up those hills when life is tough               
and future all seems hard
I’ll be there strong for your support
and walk you every yard                                  

When morning breaks and day is due
then I’ll be there
I’ll watch the light that covers you                  
and pets your hair
the way the sunbeams warm your cheeks
I’d like to warm them too
I’ll watch them play and touch your face
the way I’d love to do                                                                

When finally that last night comes
then I’ll be there
I’ll lit the light for you to walk
you need not fear
and coming down that corridor
when morning sun is due
please look for for me there at the end
I’ll be awaiting you

Tekst: Johnny Winterthun


Madness

Face to face through morning haze, it’s...
            (..feeding time,... feeding time)
serried ranks with ghosts to chase, it’s..
            (feeding time,.....feeding time)
Clean cut, no room for return
don’t look aside
don’t question the orders
or what they... hide

Fortunes sealed on dollar bills, it’s..
            (..feeding time,... feeding time)
chasing ghosts from nameless hills, it’s..
            (..feeding time,... feeding time)
steel fist, the army provide
don’t peek inside
don’t question the orders
or what they... hide

            Carrying the past on the shoulders of time
            Guardian smokescreens veils the crime
            Rush down to see
            the gain of Mr. Nobody
            What’s there to be?
            History.

Old mans sorrow, old mans game, it’s..
            (..feeding time,... feeding time)
all for one and who’s to blame, it’s..
            (..feeding time,... feeding time)
don’t wait when reason is tied
mammon decide
don’t question the orders
or what they... hide

Tekst: Johnny Winterthun
Musikk: Per Christian Halvorsen


































Rickies place

Went for a strawl in Houston town
it was just past seven, walking on my own
well, it’s city lights and city sights and city’s way of life         
I elude that Bulldogs eye, it’s white and rife..
rife with suspicious haze
such a mean and empty face
I pass, and steer my feet ahead for Rickie’s place

I face those backs when entering the door
there’s smoke from sigarettes, from those not lying on the floor
well it’s city nights and city sights and city’ way of life
the old hooker in the corner never sought to be no wife      
Beeing sound in mind and all             
she’s ready for the twilight ball
I spot an empty seat and a bartender who will take my call.

            And the city streets they sing
            they sing of broken dreams and hopes of wonder        
            they sing of traffic jam and scattered souls
            and they never lead you to the sea but way downunder
            And they all stand by and listen
            and they gather when your heart is all in sunder

There are furrows in the counter, words of storries none defies
and above it theres a wrinkled face to frame a pair of eyes         
well it’s city nights and city light and indoor ways of life
there’s some that’s born for glamour, others just to strife
and I’ve got my glass of Bourbon
it’s a long known friend that never fails
and it’s full of grief and sorrows, and of sudden hopes and long gone fairy-tailes

            And the street they sing
            they sing of broken dreams and hopes of wonder        
            they sing of traffic jam and scattered souls
            and they never lead you to the sea but way downunder
            And they all stand by and listen
            And they sence it when your heart is all in sunder

Johnny Winterthun



Payday

Now Mickey came for his claim one day
knocked on my front door, said «Jimmy boy, you’re down to pay»
well, I’d seen it coming
I’d heard them talking on their way
and I knew that whatever, this just wouldn’t be my day

My girlfriend Janet she was a dream for sure
we’d been like lovers now for seven months or more
well, I’d seen it coming
she came home late one night
sure I’d seen Mickeys eyes on her when he believed me out of sight

I had this shiny old Camaro, leather seats and sparkling red
 motor run like roaring thunder, hottest wheels in town they said
well I’d seen it coming
one day I found the engine’s dead
«heard noices from your garrage Jim» my next door neighbour said

So I went to see old Thumbag at his store up Limpton street
it was early Wednesday morning when I dragged him to his feet
well, he’d seen it coming
sure he rumbled, as he got the key
then unlocked his backroom cupboard with some dreary look at me 

            There’s an old dog howling up on Lakers hill
            night comes close and I can feel the evening chill
            there’s that river floating, there’s a day to meet
            and it is nightime in my street

It was only two days later Mickey came to have his way
I’d walked the streets at nights and thinking, knew there’d be no other way
sure, I’d long time seen it coming
and again I heared their voices through the hall
I pulled the trigger as he saw me, pulled again and watched him fall

            There’s an old dog howling up on Farmers hill
            night comes close and I can feel the evening chill
            there’s that river floating, there’s a day to meet
            and it is nightime in my street

Johnny Winterthun



A horse named Bob/
 I went to see my horse today
(ref. fremføres i forhold til «Bobs» humør)

I went to see my horse today
he looked a bit astray
I’d seen him moping for a day or two
so I walked up and said «hey»
he bearly turned the way I came
just looked down on the ground
of course I asked him what the problem was
and he answered with some grumpy sound:
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh, ho


Hey listen Bob I said annoyed
don’t give me all that shit
 I know  there’s been little TV lately
so tell me if that is it
I can see there’s something acing you
so give it to me straight 
and save me from that horseshit
that you know I can’t translate
And he started:
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh, ho


Allright he said, now listen
but first give me a sigaret
there’s been little smoking lately
 my last packet got all wet
since I have no shiny raincoat
there is little I can do
to protect myself from water
or get inhouse such as you
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh, ho


OK, I know I’m just a gelding
and theese horseshoes makes its use
but the italian stallion on the other farm
he wear handmade Guccie leather shoes
And the hay we get for supper
well that’s second handed waste
no refinement, lack of flavour
not to mention lack of taste
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh, ho


This old f.. saddle’s itching
and the stirrups make me soar
well you’ve mentioned little TV
but those programs are a bore
and when was last I had a girlfriend
do I just call one on the phone
oh no!,not me Sir, that’s for sure
 I’ll just have to stand here on my own
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh,  ho


Well, I’ve called the Horses Union
and they say that you’re to blaim
Seems I’ve had too many working hours
and there’s some extras I should claim
I’m  really fed up  beeing bullied
and my vacation’s long time overdue
Well thats just some slight opinions
 from a horses point of view
            yippiaieyheiyh,yippiaieyheiyh,             yippiaeyooh ......ooh yeh


You know I’ve been here for a while
he said, I’ve seen a thing or two
I even know  the girls you cheat your wife with
and their full adresses too
as you always kept me stucked outside
while you were stucked in bed
then with his Ronald Reagan smile
he turned at me and said:
            yippiaieyheiyh, yippiaeyooh ......hoho


Well son, there’ll be some changes here
no longer count on me
I’m fed up waiting, getting cold
I want my own standee
but now for start just let me loose
and take me for a ride
I’ve heard your neighbour´s got a brand new mare
and that she’s strongly qualified

yippiaieyheiyh, yippiaieyh,
eiyhyippiaeyooh,
yippiaieyheiyh, yippiaieyheiyh,            
yippiaeyooh,
yippiaieyheiyh, yippiaeyoh

Johnny Winterthun